Tuesday, February 17, 2009

the best laid plans.

Jonathan has been doing well sleeping for a few nights. So yesterday, my wife and I took the day off to do some "life planning." It is amazing at how complex life can get when you throw a little one into the mix. So during our 5 hours of working out all the little things that need to get done each week (working out, eating, sleeping, work, reading the Bible) and discovering a new love for google calendars, we have a plan.

So last night, I was getting ready for bed and for an early wake up this morning for the gym when I heard Jonathan, who had been sleeping for about 3.5 hours, gagging and coughing. I run down to his room with dental floss hanging out of my mouth, to discover him throwing up all over himself and his crib. This was about 11 PM. This is Jonathan's first major stomach bug, so being a new parent I have a lot of emotions that probably are typical of this type of situation such as pity, saddness, and the ability to all of the sudden not be grossed out by the massive mess that is covering my son. Regardless, I was able to settle him down, give him another bath, change the sheets in his crib, all in about 15 minutes with Lindsey's help. Five minutes after that, he did it again.

Jonathan and I were in his rocking chair until 3 AM. He was getting sick every 10-15 minutes until 2 AM. Our newly laid plans are not off to a good start.

1 comment:

  1. wow...mitch was doing the same thing with caleb 5 min before i walked in the door last night! we thought he was better...he hadn't thrown up for 2 days so he wanted eggs for dinner and i gave it to him...i think it was a bad idea! anyway he's no better today but thankfully noah hasn't gotten it yet. we've never had a little baby deal with that so good luck! but we totally empathize:) who knew linds and i had so much to look forward to as we left friday's last night...we might have stayed longer;) anyway we need to get together with you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete