Tuesday, February 3, 2009

bath time.

I have the priviledge of giving my 7 and a half month old son his bath every night.  He really enjoys bath time and I think he could spend hours in the bath if I let him.  Recently, he has discovered he can drop things out of his little blue bath tub and then he looks over the side and tries to grab it.  Tonight, he finally picked up one of the toys he threw over the side and when he did, he looked back at me with such a sense of accomplishment, desiring my approval.   I was struck with the following thought:

What if that is what God wants us to do.  He has given us the ability to do so many things and accomplish so much in  this world, and he takes joy when we look back at Him for that acknowledgement- that without God's acknowledgement, our deeds are not fulfilling.

I of course praised my son for being such a "big boy" and gave him a big kiss on the forehead.  Then he splashed me in the face.  But that is part of the fun.

I am thankful that God does look on us as His son's and daughters, looking for ways to praise us when we look toward Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment